The following pages offer detailed answers to the most common questions parents ask when they’re evaluating children’s hospitals and when they select Medical City Children’s Hospital.
We want your experience to be as comfortable as possible. Read information on our admissions procedures and learn what you need to know before you get here.
Learn more about our patient accommodations, including your child’s room and our unique meal service.
Insurance and Managed Care
We have established relationships with several managed care companies. See our insurance list to find your provider.
Protecting your rights and those of your child is of paramount importance. Understand your rights and responsibilities.
You need to know that your hospital is doing everything it can to protect your child. Read about the safety measures we take to make sure our patients receive precisely the medicines and treatments their specialists prescribe.
Request Medical Records
- To request copies of your medical records, print and complete the Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information form below.
- Mail or fax the completed form using the information listed below.
- To release medical record copies to a physician or another third-party, follow the instructions in Step 1 above.
- Medical record copies can be released electronically, via email or on paper.
- You may ask questions about releasing your information by calling COIX at 1-888-749-7952 .
- Follow these instructions for completing the Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Requests for medical record copies are completed by COIX. (COIX copy fees may apply)
Send completed forms to:
Medical City Children's Hospital – Release of Information
10030 N. MacArthur Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75063
Ask A Nurse
Have questions for your pediatrician after hours? Ask A Nurse is a free after hours service for pediatric patients. Before contacting your primary care physician, call (888) 563-KIDS! Calls are answered 5:00pm - 8:00am Monday-Friday, and weekends and holidays 24/7.